Enter in. My creative journey into the heavenliness, into the heart of Love, where intimacy with my King overflows in ministry, mercy, missions, miracles, music, and mysteries.

"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." Romans 8:15

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Two way journaling.

A few years ago there was a sweet Iris Ministries missionary who first introduced me to the concept of writing God and allowing Him to write back.  I started writing letters to God and then I would be very still and let him speak to me and write down what would first come to my mind.  I would usually bring to God my worries and struggles or whatever was on my heart and He would reply with beautiful words of comfort direction and love that always ministered peace to me.

This year I've been attending a ministry school that trains in many areas of ministry.  One of the things we were encouraged in at the very beginning of the school was learning to hear God's voice.  I was also introduced to two way journaling during the classes, and it has been such an incredible source of growing in intimacy with God for me.  So I want to share it with you!

Basically you write to God anything that you want to ask Him or that you feel is on your heart and mind.  Then you can either bring Him a question or just allow Him to speak back to you concerning the things you wrote about.  Something might come into your mind such as a question as you are writing what you feel He is saying and then you can write that question and again He will reply!  The Bible says My sheep hear my voice... and its true!  We really can hear God speak to our hearts directly if we will take time to listen and give Him a chance to speak to us.

Concerning Hearing God's Voice, we learned four keys taught originally by Mark Virkler.  The four keys are:
1. Quiet yourself down. (Get still.  Let the racing thoughts slow down.  Breathe deeply.)
2. Fix your eyes on Jesus.  (See Him in your minds eye or just focus your heart on His goodness.)
3. Tune to spontaneous flow.  (When our eyes become fixed on Him, words, images, scriptures, songs etc may begin to appear in our minds eye.  Don't brush this off as something you are making up! Don't ignore the faintest image or idea. This is part of Gods design and how He created us to hear from Him).
4. Write it down.  (Begin to write what He brings to you!)

  You will be so incredibly surprised by what He shows you and how it will change your life.  It will become more clear and easy as you practice, read God's written word, and as you keep your thoughts pure before God.  God's rhema words to us are divine and alive and full of power.  For the skeptics out there, just know that you are not making it up!  It really is God ministering to your heart.  You will sometimes even be very surprised by what He has to say to you as you journal.  Love is a two way street and prayer is a two way conversation.  Your relationship with God shouldn't be just you talking.  It should also be full of listening and allowing God to speak to you.  We are in a love relationship with Him.  He is our Father and we are His kids so of course He wants to speak to us and tell us all kinds of wonderful things!  I have been so blessed by the things He has said to me over the last months and I have seen a new perspective of His heart and character since I have allowed His voice more room in my life.

Some good two way journaling questions to get you started:  Father, what do you love about me?  Father, how do you see me today?  Father, what is on your heart for me today?  Father, what are you really like?  Father, who do you say that I am?  Father, what is your love for me like?  Father, show me a picture of how much you love me!

I was journaling recently concerning how amazing God is as a Father.  I asked Him some questions and this was His beautiful reply to me:::  (I hope this will minister to Your heart!)

I am steadfast.  Even when you fail, I can make you win.  I am with you at every second, at every moment of every day and every night.  My greatest desire is for you to know my love by giving you the desires of your heart.  I am a banner over you.  I want the world to know you belong to me.  I am proud to be your Father.  I want to hold you and catch every tear you cry.  I want you to trust me because I never lie.  I never break my promises.  I always come through on every promise.  Im not something you've made up to comfort you.  I am your true Father who knew you before you were born, who made your hair, who gave you your name, who made every part of you, who put life, desire, and destiny inside of you.  You are my precious one in whom my soul delights and I want you to know the security of my steadfast love.  I know the desires of your heart and I have plans to fulfill them.  Stay in my will and follow my voice and my path of peace and I will satisfy your soul with good things.






For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you. Psalm 139


No comments: