Enter in. My creative journey into the heavenliness, into the heart of Love, where intimacy with my King overflows in ministry, mercy, missions, miracles, music, and mysteries.

"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." Romans 8:15

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

in the past hour...

In the past hour…

1,625 children were forced to live on the streets by the death or abuse of an adult

1,667 children under the age of five died from malnutrition and vaccine-preventable diseases

115 children became prostitutes

66 children under 15 were infected with HIV

257 children were orphaned because of HIV/AIDS



Most children are under the age of fifteen and are…

Sleeping on concrete beds and rancid garbage piles every night – streets, sewers, dumps

Scavenging amongst human waste and excreta for rotting morsels and scraps to eat

Huffing glue and other substances in order to numb the cold, hunger, pain…and shame

Prostituting themselves for basic food and shelter

Trafficked and sold into sexual bondage, even at five years old and younger (see Sexual Exploitation)

Abused and brutalized by sexual predators, local gangs, corrupt police officers, and slum lords

Victimized by HIV/AIDS-infected men who believe that sleeping with young virgins can cure the disease

Recruited into lives of thievery, smuggling and drug dealing

Abducted to serve as child soldiers or the sex slaves of soldiers

Exploited as child laborers or slaves in sweatshops

Executed by local businessmen and officials who view them as a dirty pests interfering with trade and commerce

Sacrificed in occult/witchcraft rituals

Robbed of childhoods; Robbed of self esteem; Robbed of innocence;

Robbed of hope

My heart is bubbling and overflowing with vision, life, and hope for these children. We can do something. We can help them. The body of Christ was designed and intended for this purpose. To care for the orphans and the widows. We will and we can. If we work together...

I have just recently been GIVEN a children's home and school in Uganda by the Ugandans. I am still reeling from this gift. I am just now beginning to feel the weight of it all and what it means...and what it entails. Please pray for me as I embark on a journey of dreams and discovery and despair. I struggle with believing God to provide for all the things that I need much less for hundreds of children...but I know He can and does and will...because that's who He is and what He does and how His heart is. For now, I am in great transition in life...needing mercy and GRACE...and love.

I personally grew up without my Father...and had a huge hole in my heart as a child. I often cried myself to sleep and endured the deep pains of rejection and abandonment. I can't begin to imagine what these children must feel, must think, must endure. They have been robbed of everything and deeply abused in most cases. I so want then all to know...the One I have found. The perfect Father. The loving Savior. The best Friend. and...How He wants them to know Him and how He wants...to heal them, restore them, and set them free into life and destiny.

No comments: