Enter in. My creative journey into the heavenliness, into the heart of Love, where intimacy with my King overflows in ministry, mercy, missions, miracles, music, and mysteries.

"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." Romans 8:15

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Blogs: Where free speech can flow and gush in all its glory..so let me gush and flow.

Yes Yes My Blog! My very own personal blog. Where I can say what I want when I what about whatever I want and since its my blog I don't really have to worry so so much about who is in the audience or what religious group I might offend...although I think Im somewhat of a sensitive person given the situation at hand.

Yesterday I spoke at ASMSA, my former high school. A very prestigious school in our state for the "smart kids" where you have to apply to go and you sign your life away for two years to the rigor of academics, living and studying on the campus. I was asked to speak at Future Forums where they students learn about different fields and I was the main guest speaker. Amazing. I was a speaker along with the newspaper editor and the newspaper's main photographer...score for me. I ended up on the frontpage today!

Well...I spoke for about 30-40 minutes explaining the history of my ministry and what we are doing in Africa throwing in a few personal stories of children there. I felt so loved and honored and had a wonderful introduction. After being hidden in the dirty trenches of Africa pulling children out from the aftermath of war and the rubble of poverty and often feeling invisible, it was so nice to be honored like that. I teared up just as they were introducing me. I proceeded to give my speech which I thought went fairly well, and had many students sign up for email info and express interest in learning more about what we are doing. One student was a muslim girl who was doing a lot for her age to help people. I was really inspired and I didn't even blink an eye when she told me she was a muslim. I also visited the Christian student club on campus during lunch before my talk, and met some of the young people who expressed interest in Africa there as well. Following my speech I was interviewed by the school's PR and the newspaper about my work and felt a little celebrityish which was kinda overwhelming...but all in all I was just thankful to get the word out about what I'm doing and hope that something good might come of it...

Then today I got on facebook, added some of the students who had added me as friend, and saw that there was a storm of controversy that I left behind me all due to a few sentences I spoke in my 40 minute speech. Oh yes...a few sentences can affect your entire life. The main controversial words I spoke were, "Many of these children are raised in Polygamist Islam, Rhasta, and witchcraft but we have seen over 100 children this year come to salvation in Christ and come out from many false religions and practices." Yes those are my words. Apparently they were heard as "every religion except for christianity is a false religion".

Some of the students felt that my words were inappropriate for the setting where I was obviously in the presence of different religious beliefs...which I understand although I was asked to give information about my programs in Uganda and certainly Christian teaching and evangelism is a HUGE part of what I do. Granted since I was in that setting, I purposely did not show a particular video which has footage of our school because it was overtly CHristian and was more aimed for churches and groups of believers. I also of course never evangelized or gave an altar call for heavens sake...

BUT NOW THIS IS MY BLOG!!!!!!!!!! ehheheheheheh....and lemme tell it to the world.
I believe that Jesus Christ is the ONLY WAY to salvation. I believe He is the only way to have a true relationship and come TO THE FATHER! I believe His blood and sacrifice is what cleanses and purifies, heals and redeems our lives from the pit of HELL. I believe there is an eternity after this life which includes both Hell in all its terror, fire, and pain, as well as HEAVEN where there is LIFE, LOVE, beauty, angels, the Godhead 3in1 Father Spirit Son. I believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit which gives us the DUNAMIS POWER of God in full effect and empowers us to be WITNESSES of these truths to the ends of the Earth. I believe that these signs shall follow all Believers, they will speak in other tongues, they will cast our DEMONS, they will lay their hands on the sick and they shall be healed, they will prophesy, they will drink poison and not get sick, they will crush snakes and scorpions. I believe that FOLLOWING JESUS and giving Him your life is the ONLY WAY to Heaven. THAT IS WHAT I BELIEVE. and I'll say it til I die.

While Im at it...let me also say...that I believe Islam is a radical religious belief and I do not agree with it in any way. I have led many a muslim to Christ and I will continue to do so because I LOVE THEM and I want them to know the LOVE OF MY JESUS. I also believe that any religion that condones polygamy is a false and outdated religion and is highly oppressive to women. I have witnessed the chaos and confusion and pain that polygamy causes firsthand and it is not pretty. I will continue to speak out against this oppressive practice that treats women like property until the day I die.

I live to see beautiful children on their faces in the dirt, crying out to God, experiencing His presence, His Love, His glory, that is setting them free and showing them that they are precious treasures. Nothing will stop me from continuing to give this away. I will die doing it.

So to all the polygamists, witches, rhastas, and all the rest...GET SAVED and know this LOVE that sets you free and casts out all fear. AMEN.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen!! Christ is a rock of offense to some. You did nothing wrong. I pray that this controversy causes many to evaluate their stance and to choose truth, that Jesus is the only way. Don't be discouraged or back off the message. Great job!!!

Rachel said...

Amen and Amen! For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.