Enter in. My creative journey into the heavenliness, into the heart of Love, where intimacy with my King overflows in ministry, mercy, missions, miracles, music, and mysteries.

"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." Romans 8:15

Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Slasher Shadow

I saw glimpses of you
In those still quiet moments
So I filled them
With Noise and chatter
They all told me to
Look on the bright side
So I stared at the sun
But you were always there
Right behind me
It seemed like the
Good girl thing to do
I stuffed you down
And poured “truth”
And affirmations
On top of you
I drowned out your cuss words
With worship music
The louder the better
With bright lights and cameras too
I tried to medicate you
With faces hugs and
“Vulnerability”
But I could still feel you
Squirming beneath the surface

When it was all stripped away
And unraveled
I heard an earthquake rumbling
But I just kept trying to connect
With my higher power
Holy frustration kicked in
Ran through my blood
Ok fine let’s look deeper
I went in
Then you emerged

You came out hard fiery
Slashing everything in sight
I was surprised
You beat and you kicked
and you slashed
And I loved it
I could feel you finally
I could finally hear your cries
And I was honored
To finally be the one
To give you a voice

I’m sorry I silenced you
Please look me in the eye
Your feelings matter
They are real and valid
Now here we are
In these woods
Face to face
I’m ready to listen
I’m ready to hear it all
Your rage
Your hatred
Your disappointment
Your frustration
Your grief
I really do care
And I always have
I just don’t always know
What to do with you
Because you’re very powerful
I’m here to listen
And I’ll always validate you
And be willing to connect with you

When you’re ready
I have a friend
Who I know could explain Himself
And might be able to help you
To See more clearly
To Release the anger
And show you
How much
He actually really does
Give a shit


No comments: